View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3203415)   #27
LandieLad
Racer

Japan
Tokyo
LandieLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think when the Ham Radiio fraternity provide some comms on rallies they would use a frequency of around 144.750 M/cs plus or minus 50 M/cs using 25K/cs or 12.5 K/cs incremental steps. Their control may also use talk through boxes with output on the above and input somewhere around 433.700 M/cs or using in band repeater with facilities with splits of around 7.6 M/cs on the 433 M/cs band. Mode of transmission would be F3E or similar although digital modes are used including voice and data (DSTAR and APRS etc)

They also have access to many other frequency bands but seem to stick for local use to the VHF bands of above 50M/cs. Some even have licences for UK General frequencies. Have a look at the Keighley RAEN Site as they provide lots of mountain comms for events.

Further information of their frequencies and operations can be found on the RAEN website and the website of the RSGB (Radio Society of Great Britain).

I am not a ham radio operator but this is my understanding of the situation so there may be errors