View Single Post
Old 15 May 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3733590)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Sorry, I don't have a link to an "official statement" from Liberty Media's F1 communications confirming it was their F1 promotions and communications staff that initiated this. I can guarantee you it wasn't initiated by Ferrari and/or Raikkonen, as is being widely reported. Even the local TV news is saying it was Ferrari's idea.

edit: A quick search and I found THIS from James Allen.

"In the paddock a quick thinking F1 comms manager suggested that they go and fetch the young lad and his family to come over to the F1 paddock to try to cheer him up. Ferrari was looped in and they brought him to Ferrari’s hospitality where he met Raikkonen."

It's all I can find for now. A Liberty Media F1 employee. Believe what, or who you want.
But from my experience, I think I'll take James Allen's word over Alan Baldwin's any day.
Never said I didn't believe it - just wondering what the source was confirming it.

James Allen does clarify it was an employee from Formula One Group - so not necessarily a Liberty Media employee per se.

Full credit to her for initiating it, and kudos to Ferrari and Kimi for acting upon it.