View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2009, 12:39 (Ref:2590113)   #60
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Same thing different name.
Nope, different in my opinion, the Administrators will usually try to sell the whole shebang as a going concern. Receivers are much more likely to asset strip and flog it all off piecemail.

If the Administrators try to assign the lease to a new tenant (if it's permitted by the lease) then the Administrators and/or the LL MAY want some of the arrears paid as part of the deal. However, the LL is likely to be so bleeding relieved that there is a prospect of someone taking on the smoking wreckage that they will take a pragmatic view re the arrears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The landlord being the lessor(?) will want a big slice of any equity which was my point really. They were owed many months rent before all this went tits up.
The LL's claim is against DVLL limited (in Administration) and any guarantor that there may have been. If the lease is forfeited or disclaimed then all the LL def get's back is possession of the property. They are free to do another deal with another party - they are also free to go after DVLL for the arrears but these are seperate transactions.

They do not have the right to try to claw back any outstanding arrears from the other party.

Equity? I doubt there is much of that...