WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Also :
John Paul jr.
Price Cobb
Alex Gurney
david Donahue
I'm pretty sure I just read that David Donahue has something to do with the USA Porsche 918 sales / customer support aspects. He is the 918 Spyder Consultant. Kinda like after-sales support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
The last that I had heard John Paul SN was on the run from the law somewhere in the Bahama's came back to the USA did some time and ended up in Canada .

Not sure if any of the Whitington Brothers are still alive they also were in Big Trouble with the Law .

IMSA : International Marijuana Smuglers association
I was working at the Hershey Porsche Swap Meet (a really large Porsche-specific event just south of Harrisburg Pennsylvania) and there was a guy that came up to our booth who looked JUST like John Paul Senior. He would have probably been too young but it stopped me in my tracks for a second. Who knows, could have been the 'old pirate' himself...

The Whittingtons are still around to some extent. Dale died of a heart attack a few years ago. Don and Bill are still alive and kicking and have enough recent activity that some google searches will turn up some current info. Forever the cowboys to be sure.

Randy Lanier, who was the 1984 IMSA champion and had ties with all the of those usual suspects in the 80s was recently released from prison.

http://jalopnik.com/the-man-who-turn...-50-1644603033

Last edited by WolfsburgRS; 3 Jun 2015 at 14:48.