View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2007, 09:56 (Ref:1975219)   #49
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM
The Triplex car was a proper BTCC car and was the ex Colin Vandervell car and therefore I would assume a proper CC car. It was a mark two built car that was then updated with a mark three front and other bits and it was probably the unluckiest car Gerry raced, he led about 6 races in ‘81but only won one of them.
Interesting. Did the Capri originally run in the 1978 or 79 seasons in Grp 1 before Gerry ran a Dolly for a year before packing the BTCC in to do prodsaloons?

I don't recall him running in BTCC in 1981 although I do remember Vandervell's name being in a few programmes?

I may have mentioned it earlier in the thread but at some points in 1981 there were nearly a dozen Capris entered for Tricentrol but only half a dozen regular cars in 1982.

It would have been great if Gerry had been pedalling a Grp 1 Capri at that time as well as his prodsaloons!

Last edited by chunterer; 12 Sep 2007 at 14:06.