View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2942263)   #77
the youth
Racer

the youth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was a competitor in both races and whilst I was happy for petes civic to stay there in race 1 as you could see it from the top of the dip at cascades so had plenty of time to lift, the events of race 2 I was less so

This is not a criticism and safety must allways come first..

when I first rounded the left kink before shell after the ginetta had gone off the ginetta wasn't easily seen as it was far over to the left and not really in my eye line. the colour of the car and background gravel might also play a part in that.

I was of the opinion at the time that the car was out of the way and waved yellows were sufficiant and maybe they could have been a static yellow just before the left kink to make us all aware to slow/not overtake on the run to shell, I'm sure this would have been safe and would have allowed us to continue the race unaffected.

also in 16th place I lost sight of the safety car on the approach to lodge when it still had it's lights on, next thing I know I'm coming up deer leap and the race is back on, why did the lights not go off before the last corner??

steve