View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3682838)   #75
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralle View Post
Rules by promotor World Sporting Consulting, LTD; Factory-backed teams are not allowed in the TCR. The manufacturers offer their vehicles to the customers but are not involved in the action on the track.

Are a Dealer team a factory backed team? Team PWR racing in STCC are Seat Dealer team Sweden? http://pwrracingteam.com/
Ralle, I would like a direct quote from the TCR regulations, similar to what I provided. I searched for the quote you provided in both the technical and sporting regulations of the TCR International series and found no match. A search on Google provided only this article by Opel Motorsport from where you seem to have copied it verbatim. (I see you have posted this yourself while I was typing this)

Also, I still want to see where you seem to be getting your information on TCN2 regulations and TCR franchise agreements, seeing as I cannot find these published. You seem to know everything, so don't ask me what sort of teams can and cannot participate in STCC under TCR regulations.

As far as I can tell, TCN2 regulations are exactly identical to TCR. Adopting TCN2 over TCR won't result in more manufacturers taking part because the manufacturer will have to build cars to the exact same regulations. Nationally homologated cars are already allowed under TCR regulations as shown by the Citroën C3 Max in the Italian Touring Car Championship's TCR class and the Renault Mégane RS in the TCR Russian Series. Moving to TCN2 regulations as opposed to TCR would do nothing but sever ties with TCR championships in surrounding countries.