Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Michael Oliver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Townsend
Michael

What I was thinking was that Coombs might have had a fourth car, number never noted in period, from the range of chassis where we don't know the original owner, [for example chassis 25] and that Depaillier might have driven this in addition to 45, which seems to have been the last 722 built. It appears first at Rouen 30.6.72 along with Williamson's 722-41, which we have confirmed as a chassis no, from other sources. Just a thought that the Coombs car might have been 722-42 [which then gives 24 as an easy misprint!]

The next reference I have for "45" is that an ex Depaillier 722 is being rebuilt for Alan Rollinson to run F.Atlantic in 1974. There is no chassis number attached to the report, and by that time the car would have been to 74B spec I guess, with full width nose, but side rads.
Rollinson is entered in a 'March' at Oulton, 5.5.74 but DNA
Qualifies 20th at Silverstone 12.5.74 where the car is described is 'ex Coombs/Depaillier', result not known
I don't have any other record of the car appearing with Rollinson, nor anything which might be that car in the hands of another driver.
[However, I am somewhat shy of programmes and race result sheets for mid season 74, so he may have carried on for a while. If someone out there has the British GP programme for 74 they could tell us whether or not he at least entered the Atlantic support race.] Some photos from Atlantic would also be great, I can scan and return!

Chris
Hi Chris

I'm sure you've already got this but just in case:

722/41 was advertised by David Lambe AS 18/10/73 p57 as ex-Williamson/Patsy McGarrity.

On facing page (e.g. 56) is an ad for GRD 273 F2 car (two races from new) with a Leicester number. Would this be another ex-Williamson car, possibly being sold by Wheatcroft? I know he had a GRD initially, didn't he and then switched to a March?

On same page, Stan Mathews Racing are advertising his March 73B (only two months old) so an August 73-ish build. Again don't know if it helps!?