View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2015, 03:29 (Ref:3596754)   #45
scottmartinordeal
Rookie

scottmartinordeal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post

1 the pit exit needs to be considered carefully, as the racing line is on the right hand side of the circuit as it crosses the Chequered section - run the pit exit long and angling from just off parallel so that cars on the pit exit will be much closer to track speed by the merge point.
A chicane in the oval ? why not use the chicane to form part of the oval
A bridge needs distance to gradually climb up over and gradually back down again, you have it way to close to the layout changes.

2.No problem with using a drag strip, but Drag racers tend to be very precious over the actual strip the 1/4 mile (400m) so if you look at somewhere like Sonoma in California the use the run out, but not the actual strip. Hockenheim, the strip is off to the side of the track, the out run is raced the wrong way from the hairpin down to the Mercedes Tribune section and then peels off into the stadium just before the 1/4 mile marker.
My point make the S/F parallel with the Drag strip, the seating can be adjusted, again no problems with using the drag strip return road, just make sure that hairpin is plenty wide enough for a T1
Again not sure about why you'd want that chicane where it is.

3. I like the best, as above the Drag strip, in this case you could have had the main straight on a very slight angle that opened onto the outrun before reaching the first real corner. Again the bridge, the long straight section would have been better going over the shorter section than the way you have it, also by doing it this way, you could have the left hand side of the circuit loop under the same long bridge.
Again the oval ok as part of the complex but I'[d have it banked and standing alone.

The big oval ...scale, scale and think scale again
These are very difficult to manage, I like the infield track on the left, with the conventional chicane joining onto the oval pit road. The mini oval just doesn't look right, moving it to the right beyond the garages pretty much where you have the Roval off and back on again.

If you are going to allow yourself free design of runways, taxiways and aircraft pans, why set the s/f on the shortest section of all.

Sorry I'm not sure what's going on in the last one, other than the fact that the drag strip runs half the length of the straight, which is shouldn't

I don't have a lot of time these days to illustrate any of the above comments, but I do hope that you take my comments in the positive manor that I intend them to be.

Thanks for the feedback.

a few thoughts

1. Regarding the pit exit it is fairly long and fast I do get your point
its somewhat similar to the pit exit at Sandown Park.
The chicane is actually part of the GP & and national layouts.
As far as the bridge there is a fairly steep downhill after the turn
with the runoff having some "banking"

2. I get your point on the dragstrip that said a lot of tracks have used
dragstrips as parts of there layouts (eg. Green Valley actually inspired
the bottom part of the layout after watching an old Trans Am race)
I guess the chicane is there as there isn't a lot of runoff for bikes.

The short track on the big oval is inspired by the one at pocono where they use to run the winston modified race of champions.

Regarding the last track I guess its a scale thing lol.