View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2004, 10:58 (Ref:1138726)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Walden story is a dreamtime fantasy. If these guys reckon they can field a BA in 2005 to qualify within 105% at sprint rounds, and 107% at the enduros, and not get in anyone's way they are dreaming.

Its nice to have a fighting spirit, to see a private team mix with the big boys, but in reality, based on the sponsorship we have seen on the cars they have used thus far, the $300k upgrade to a BA (presuming they find one, now that FPR is looking to keep the 2003 CAR car as a spare) is miles away...

... plus the pukka transporter, equipment, spares, rebuilding between meetings, permanent crew....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods