View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3218589)   #197
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
There's a track diagram floating around for a Croatian Grand Prix at Zagreb. It is a Tilke concept, heavily based on the Austin layout (too much so), just run in the opposite direction.

My main thought is that Beetle's timeline is WAY too short. That is, there's NO WAY that we will be adding anywhere near all of those potential venues in just the next two seasons, if they ever join the calendar in some cases.

It looks like the Spanish Grand Prix may well stay at Barcelona, and Valencia may simply disappear. Who knows if Paul Ricard (or any French circuit) or Istanbul have a shot of returning. A number of the Asian rounds may be on shaky ground, because of demands from Bernie for upgrades, as well as the sanction fees preventing any promoters from making a profit. (The Chinese government is having to become more and more careful about visibly spending money on extravagant things.) I might add that Beetle completely left out the off-and-on rumblings of an Argentine Grand Prix at Mar del Plata.
I did. That's definitely an option.