View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2007, 19:28 (Ref:1950759)   #9
SidewaysFeltham
Racer

United Kingdom
UK and France
SidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I agree! Not in the ethos of the original car.

I used to run what was then the fastest non-crossflow 999 c.c. Cooper s in the UK!

Originally the car of the US driver, Ed McDonough and I gave the lump to my chum, arch Fordie and FVA/FVC engine builder, all round eccentric, ex-Lotus Klingon, Bruce Rennie to sort. After huffing and puffing and throwing stuff around his 'shop as he was wont to (Don't you just hate these prima donna engine builders until you go quicker than everyone else?), and swearing about siamesed ports and "S*****g BMC Crap, he magically transformed it!

Milled the ports right out; gummed in a block of mild steel a la downdraft MAE, and split two DCOE 45s and made up a slide throttle.

Boy! Did that jump along! The addition of a Norman Abbot beam axle was the final bit.

If I can find some time later this weekend (probably next week!) I'll scan a pic or two.