Thread: IMSA Race 2017 12 Hours of Sebring
View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3720668)   #526
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How was there no competition when the margin of victory was only 13 seconds and either Mustang Sampling or Konica-Minolta could have won overall?

When Porsche 956/962 won everything, because everybody ahd one, did that racing suck?

That's where I think I disagree with some others. So, two Cadillacs were the only two P-class contenders at the end---I have seen a bunch of similar races in several series when it was two team cars, and no one complained and everyone was excited to see who would win (Ahhh ... Daytona 2016.)

It seems some folks just don't like the Cadillacs ...

Anyway ... TF110, I am glad you enjoyed the experience overall. I think you are crazy to be a Toyota fan ... and I know, because I am a Toyota fan. I expect less and get even less than that at every race. Le Mans was the ultimate Toyota nutshot .... for a few minutes I didn't even like racing.

But still, I hope for them.

I am a Mazda fan, too ... maybe I was dropped on my head as an infant or something.

I really don't want this to continue on as a debate because it will become a bickering session .... done that enough.

So ... glad you enjoyed what you did. I hope future races give you more opportunities to enjoy in whatever manner you find most suitable.

I depart on this note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I know there is disagreement over BoP, which I understand, but as far as a spectacle is concerned, I think we have a hit on our hands folks. The variety of sights and sounds is truly enthralling. Please do yourself a favor and make it to an IMSA race this year if you can. I got goosebumps during the parade laps for the first time in many years. Despite the reliability right now, dat Gibson V8... you WEC fans are in for a treat too.