View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3061088)   #24
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristancliffe View Post
Ban datalogging on FFord and maybe even FRenault. The drivers do need to learn about it, and they can do that at F3 level upwards.
like Bella I completely disagree with you on this one. the problem with saying "ban datalogging" is that if you ban the hardware, you also ban the technique and the skills, so you might unfairly hamper young drivers who are doing something fundamentally wrong in their driving but cant make corrections because the engineers cant highlight it,

you also take the skills away from the young engineers who are moving up the ladder.

and anyway in reality you can pick up a reasonable data logger (aim, R-T etc for a little over a grand) which could potentially save alot of money in broken parts, and running around at the back of the field wasting money blissfully unaware that what your doing in the car is wrong.

I think its probably worth mentioning that we live in a very "electronic" environment, and being able to analyse data and see whats happening is something that drives alot of young drivers and potential technicians into the industry.

i think one of the main sentements of this thread is that there are far too many championships aiming at the same crowd of people and the traditional low cost championships are anything but. it already seems we are going through a "thinning" process and the less appealing championships are going to the wall. (why waste your money thrashing around in Frenault in a brand new car, when you can drive for all intents and purposes a car thats the same, amongst a full grid of slightly older cars for less) and people are realising that and voting with their feet!