View Single Post
Old 2 May 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3730523)   #77
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to add something....

Electric hookup was available in some areas of the paddock which normally dont it.
Whoever put this in place then charged 40 (!) pounds for the weekend.
This was enforced quite aggressively, including the confiscation of cables.

Personally, I would not have minded to pay something, but 40 pounds was a bit rich, even if they had to bring in and install a generator unit
for that money i can run my genny all weekend

the paddock in Donington was planned in a different era and for a different kind of event

they did what they could by tearing down some old WW2 buildings and tarmacking the freed up area
this might be the extent to which you can reasonably go at that end of the paddock, however unpopular it is
this would change if hookup were offered there

unfortunately space is rarest where it would be the most valuable
i.e. directly behind the pits
it would be great to move the fence away from this a bit into the free area and create more space

the Juniors were in the pits and it was not really a privilege as we had job to get to the assembly area vie the live pitlane as the way out of the back was completely blocked
the marshalls tried to help as best as they could

RuE