View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2017, 15:41 (Ref:3776625)   #34
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I once had a TV that couldn't get reception without going fuzzy. It didn't stop TVs becoming one of the biggest electrical devices in the history of the world.

Internet deliver of products is the future. Whether or not that future is 1 year or 20 years depends on your own infrastructure. But it is the future, it's just a matter of time scale.
I think that many of us regular members tend to forget just how lucky we are with our broadband supply. Taking myself as an example, I have just re-negotiated my cable package, and as part of that, I have had my broadband turned down from in excess of 200 mbps to just over 100, and regular speed test results show that it is pretty stable.

However, I used to live in quite a populated area of the Costa Blanca, and where I lived I was only able to get a very unstable 3-5 mbps on a copper wire supply, and my old neighbours tell me that that hasn't improved yet. Others nearby can't even have the copper wire supply because Telefonica haven't the infrastructure to provide it. If they are lucky they can get a sort of microwave system to give them broadband, but a lot of the companies providing that do not have the licences top offer the service, and often competing companies boost their signals resulting in customers from other suppliers losing their service.

So, for many people, 20 years may not be long enough before they receive a decent broadband. Don't overlook the fact that there are still areas of the UK that still can't get broadband, let alone a stable fibre cable based system. And we are supposed to be quite sophisticated.