View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2831540)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dnut View Post
I have built a 1974 zak replica, 2 litre BDG on Lucas etc, I have all the tooling to make an alloy atlas, I am very weight conscious so made all the patterns to remake the atlas.The casting is a bit wider with gusseting resulting in double the stiffness in the toe plane and the same stiffness in the camber plane(I performed bending tests on my alloy atlas and a normal atlas).We used chromoly tubes and the result was a casing 10kg lighter than a standard one.Here is an address of some pis of my car.
Also go to ebay de and buy a copy of raylle racing 7/74 they road test the zak car
Wow that is a great looking car- a real credit to you. Thanks for posting the info! They look like centrelock wheels- were they specially made as well?