View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2861588)   #22
Senninha24
Rookie

United States
London, UK
Senninha24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Will Power, glad to see him with such a dominant performance. Pleased for good ol' Oriol as well, a top 5 for him, I'm always so happy when he's driving a solid car and is given the chance to fight for a season!

Otherwise I must say I'm still not really sold on these double file restarts. Then again I don't even know if it's more the restarts or the drivers themselves...but I just don't understand the amount of touching that's going on with these cars. Always some incident, or someone pushed off. They really have to settle down. F1 cars I would imagine are even more twitchy and sensitive in each individual movement just because they're even quicker and most starts are relatively solid. So I don't know but I was just getting tired of seeing every restart potentially turning into another yellow...

...Which brings me to the yellows. A lot of the full-course yellows to me aren't even worthy. With a track with as a much runoff as Barber, I don't know why there aren't marshalls hopping over the barriers and pulling the cars further into the runoff areas, but every time a car stopped it was a full-course yellow. Road-courses are spread out enough to give you time to take care of a situation, while they are also long enough to make full-course yellows a frustrating, tedious extension of race-time. I know it's nothing new but it was just frustratingly apparent and bugging me lol (with the camera showing SO much runoff to pull the car into and avoid slowing that whole field down, which only leads to more wrecking with these double-file things)

The Briscoe/Hunter-Reay situation was also quite annoying, that just wasn't a smart overtaking area, just too risky to try a divebomb. I mean Briscoe did give some room, but he also didn't try to let up or anything, it was still HR's judgement call to say, "you know, I've got these reds, I'll pass him before the end of the lap. this just isnt the place." I know him getting by Danica in anger was probably a little feather for his cap for him to say "you see...it CAN be done!" but I mean it's your teammate, and her car was sinking like a stone through the field.

Well, can't wait for Long Beach, wish I could be there. (which just pangs me that I didn't go more often when I lived in LA!)