Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2017, 23:16 (Ref:3720303)   #5230
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Au contraire. Nothing more my eye.
The official declaration was 12 pounds underweight but did not take away the win. (However, I heard from an insider in another class that it was really closer to 150 lbs, actually. 'Couldn't take away the good PR for a Donohue win on the 40th anniversary. )
The 2009 event? Yeah... Sure...

If it was just the Brumos car being underweight, then why did Grand Am take away sixth gear and 1,000 RPM from EVERY Porsche engined DP? That's not something you do just because one car was underweight.

The BoP was made because Ganassi whined about the fact that the Brumos car was pulling away on the banking at the end of the straight, ignoring the fact that Ganassi caught up EASILY on the infield sections, but just couldn't quite make the pass. It was very clear they just had a lower-downforce setting at play.

Grand Am dropped the ball on BoP HARD with that move.

BTW, correction to my results comments: I misread the results I was looking at. When I listed Penske as having won a race, I was unknowingly look at a list of POLE POSITIONS, not race wins. Brumos did indeed win the finale - the only other Porsche win that season, coming well after the partial rollback of the BoP.