Thread: LM24 Race Truth In 24 II
View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3066491)   #90
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I suppose I'm coming at this more from a point of view of - anything that shines a light on the sport I love and opens it up to a new audience is a good thing. I'm not necessarily looking to pick holes in it. But I take all of your points.
Well, Truth in 24 isn't really a movie which is going to be shown on the public Tv, is it?. I know it haven't been shown i Denmark, even though Le Mans is a pretty big sports event (as long there isn't soccer).

To me, Truth in 24 is a great full length movie commercial by Audi, nothing less, nothing more. As the general public who doesn't interest themselves that much in Le Mans, other that the weekend it's actually there, won't watch it, i feel that the movie is made for the enthusiast. And the enthusiast isn't that easy to mislead by drama effects.

So all in all, i don't feel that Truth in 24 Hours is in any way damaging or "bad", as 90% who watches it knows what happened, and knows what Le Mans is all about.