View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3574321)   #17
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
My father was a huge Australian football fan but never showed even a passing interest in motor racing and never took me to any races. I love the AFL but from my early primary school days I liked watching motor racing and watched Bathurst, the ATTC and when I could Formula 1 at every opportunity.

When I was older I attended many events here and overseas and even competed in a few. I stopped going mainly because of the crowd the races attracted during its so called heyday. Now I am older I do most of my viewing on Foxtel.

Taking children to the races may get them interested in the sport but lets not discount all the new fans attracted to the sport by the coverage it receives on television. As billybanana said:
Agreed, I first got into it from having Bob Stevens as a neighbour, working on the Camaros in his big shed, and the sound of Amaroo wafting over the hill. Only went to Amaroo about 10 times, and never went anywhere else until I was a young adult. No influence from my parents whatsoever (More of a case of "Dad can we go to Amaroo?" - "No!")