Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Only poorly designed when they stop winning all the time.

This is easily fixed though - give the cars a 4" ride height and take the splitter and side skirts off.
Keselowski is quite right. NASCAR technical regulations are pure madness. Compare the field at the Daytona 24 hrs and the Daytona 500, it is like they are from another planet. They pick a couple of nasty FWD saloons and put 1950's running gear in them. Instead of fixing the tech regs they come up with gimmicks like the play offs and heats.
If it was up to me I would change the tyres and wheels from 15" to 18" and centre lock, rear axle to IRS and LSD, gearbox to 5 speed synchro, motor to alloy DOHC, and bin the restrictor plate. This would bring NASCAR into the 1990's, but somehow I can't see this happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
For some reason, I thought I'd enjoy the race today at Sonoma, so I recorded and just finished it. The road course races are so chopped up and confusing with pitstop strategies because of the stages. Still fun to watch stockcars hustle through the esses and bound off curbs, but the actual race product is garbage.

Speaking of garbage, I guess this is the last race people have to deal with FOX for 2017. They have six people in suits covering the race and each is just as annoying as he other. Put more people in the pits and maybe out on the course / track. That's much more informative than listening to Mikey and Chris talk about whose hair has more product in it...

The good news is, it looks as though they have a contract through 2024
I have not watched a lap of Cup series yet this year, but I have watched all of the Xfinity and Truck races so far. Apart from M Waltrip, I found the Fox commentary really good. The Xfinity has now gone to NBC and I find their commentary totally unbearable, I had to watch the Kentucky race on mute. Rick Allen sounds like he is auditioning for a tv commercial, Letarte and Snyder spout verbal diarrhoea gibberish, and the girl in the pits needs a sinus operation. That makes Jeff Burton the only person worth listening to, and he is very average. I'm not sure I can handle another race of their ear pain.