Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 13 May 2017, 06:15 (Ref:3733126)   #2291
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shall I respond with another remark with the same purpose? Like, so wnut, would you prefer every just has a spec. engine and car? I know that's not really what you are getting at, so why would I? I'd be more interested in sensible discussion that actually moves on from continual inaccurate remarks about suppliers being unfair.

I presume you did get my meaning. My point was that there is no real issue with teams getting different spec. engines and hasn't been for years. Especially from Mercedes who you appear to have a problem with. It's not even on the radar of things that could actually make a difference and improve F1.

But, as you bring it up and this is an appropriate thread, I'd rather change F1 so it is less aero dependent for potential to race and open up the regs for more innovation. It is likely that would spread the field out, but the sport would be more pure in its ultimate aim to find the best. Similar to Paradise City's comment above. And when someone, with or without a bespoke engine, catches another car they can get past. Perhaps it makes me sound old and just want to hark back to the old days.

I think the transparent scrutineering in NASCAR is definetely good for NASCAR. I'm not so sure about F1. Although maybe they can make them all park on a grassy paddock so that it would be naturally more open. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-21740060
I hope these have ligthened the mood
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0023.JPG   IMG_0024.JPG   IMG_0025.JPG  

IMG_0026.JPG  

Last edited by Adam43; 13 May 2017 at 06:20.