Thread: Sauber
View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2017, 06:18 (Ref:3723648)   #33
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was 100% on board with Wehrlein in Australia. I watched some of his interviews and I believed him on his word. I may be a little bit fragile myself, but to me his reasoning sounded valid. He said he felt he was back to being healthy, but that the break in training that he had to have while recoperating meant he wasn't at peak fitness, which could compromise him quite significantly at a "street circuit".

I fell for it.

The story we are getting now is quite different, or so it would seem. Now he's back to being injured and has a lengthy stand down period before he is likely to come back. Why would they already be saying two more races?

The injury is either far more significant than originally thought, or there is genuine interest in keeping Giovinazzi in the seat. I'm now leaning more towards the latter, and I'm not entirely disappointed. I think a lot of people are excited to see what he can do this weekend. Another good showing and it could be a Ferrari (or at very least a Haas) seat next year. I wouldn't go past Ferrari taking Grosjean next year if Kimi's form doesn't return.