View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3738736)   #1
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Great (?) BTCC Streaming v TV Debate 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
I don't disagree that live motorsport on YouTube is ace, I watch a lot of it there. But live streaming on YouTube is not the way forward for the BTCC. Not yet. Typically, the events you list, get online live views in the low tens of thousands, TV still gets millions.

I watch the BTCC and free via the ITV website, or the ITV Hub app, so quite literally no idea what your point is.

Onwards.
Oh of course, BTCC should not be on Youtube, it should be on BTCC. My point is there are plenty of things to watch without pay TV. I don't have pay tv at all.

I disagree with the comment of "that's why these series have such small fan bases". Actually, the reason is because they have different business models. BTCC requires spectators (and a lot of them) because it's funded by sponsors, and sponsors need spectators. Sportscar racing, especially LMP2 and GTE-Am is funded by wealthy drivers. There is absolutely no need for sponsors in those series, so they don't need to go for TV time and what not. This works out well because most people don't want to watch 4-6 hour races, but amateur drivers DO want to drive those races, and they'll pay for it.

It's a completely different business model and is funded differently. Same as creventic - they have even said they'll drop the Pro teams to keep the Ams if needed.