Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3797503)   #2583
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
changing topics...not a rule change per say but a change that at least has relevance to the actual acing.

F1 is set to introduce biometric sensors for racing gloves in order to monitor drivers heart rates, blood oxygen levels, and in time i would imagine other vitals as well.

obviously extremely useful information for the medics to have before they reach an accident site.

https://www.fia.com/news/safety-their-hands

very cool stuff imo and many applications for this tech ranging from use in other categories, business opportunities for the FIA, and possible spin offs to other activities/jobs where protective equipment is needed etc etc.

but what does it mean for F1 besides the immediate safety improvement?

the teams will have the data so will this be a new metric with which to judge drivers, should this information be available to fans and part of the to race coverage (seeing what a drivers heart rate is through eau rouge or during a difficult pass etc) or would sharing a driver's biometric data be an ethical violation?