View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2007, 22:21 (Ref:1806648)   #40
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but.. are you sure this has been properly thought through?

1. With regards to safety, you'll be promoting rules in direct contradiction to the Blue Book. Yes i know it's only challenge, but are you certain that banning some basic safety devices (which aren't performance enhancing) is a good idea? I suspect that to avoid any liability in the advent of an accident you should at least "recommend" that they are used - as is done in the Blue Book. Not so long ago, an AX rolled several times at Colerne (a very open airfield) and it was only the cage that saved the driver….

2. How many types of car are you going to ban?? You want to encourage entrants but you might end up with a very long list of banned cars...
a) All turbo diesels (again, going against the Blue Book)
b) MG ZR
c) Fiat Punto Sporting (1.4)
d) Suzuki Swift GTi
e) Daihatsui Charade Turbo
f) Daihatsui Sirion
h) AX Gti
i) 205 GT / SR
j) 106 XSI / Raylle
k) Arosa Sport
l) Smart cars?
m) Nova SR and SRI
n) Tigra 1.4
o) Puma 1.4
p) Panda 100 HP

If that was the list I’d reckon that someone with a Rover 25 1.4 (100bhp) should end up winning with some ease..

Would it not just be best to run with the other standard cars in the ACSMC and BARC type events (both championships are running a standard class this year – for cars up to 2 litres), and avoid the potential complications? I promise that I’m not trying to put people off sprinting (in fact I'd always do the opposite), but I think that this may well be an over complication.

Last edited by Dan Friel; 4 Jan 2007 at 22:25.