View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2679358)   #31
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone in RCR is a liar........apparently there aren't any problems between Harvick and Childress.

UPDATE: Kevin Harvick says he doesn't know where he'll drive next season, but it's fair to say he will remain with Chevrolet. Harvick said Friday at Talladega Superspeedway that he's had "many, many, many" conversations with team owner Richard Childress about staying with Richard Childress Racing when his contract expires after this season. He did not elaborate when asked if he's had conversations with other owners, such as Chevrolet owner Tony Stewart, with whom he reportedly was linked last season. But Harvick made it clear he's burnt no bridges with RCR, where he has driven in the Sprint Cup series since replacing the late Dale Earnhardt in 2001. He also made it clear that, because he uses Chevrolet with his Nationwide and Truck Series organization, he doesn't plan to switch manufacturers. "Richard Childress and myself, we've got a great relationship," said Harvick, who is fourth in points after missing the Chase last season. "We've been talking about a lot of things for several months. It's not anything different than we normally do at this time. The cars are running well. Everybody is communicating well. I don't know what else to say other than Richard and I have had many, many, many conversations over the last several months. What that means? Right now I'm driving the #29 car." Harvick took issue Thursday on Twitter about stories involving sources on his future [see post above]. Asked to clarify his future, he said: "If you're going to quote a source, quote their name. If they're too chicken to give their name, don't put their name in the paper. Anonymous sources are crap."(ESPN)(4-23-2010)