View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3051153)   #507
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Glad I haven't bought any tickets to the Donington round. With Zolder reportedly in trouble I'd bet they are both about to be cut in place of WEC tie-ups at Spa/Silverstone.

EDIT: And thinking further, if that was the case it would seriously hamper quite a few drivers (and their teams) who have signed up to both series. Loeb Racing is the one which immediately springs to mind with Sarrazin/Minassian both double booked for Spa.

Some teams like Pecom were planning to run both. Could you score points towards both series?

Lots of big questions and scrambling if the rumours are true!
DSC are suggesting in their report that Donington is definitely on- apparently Donington's MD has been at Ricard this weekend to meet with Patrick Peter, and the deal for the race is signed and sealed.

Zolder still seems to be open to question- apparently team managers and ELMS organisers are meeting this evening, and an announcement is hoped for this weekend...

As you suggest, incorporating the LMS grid into Spa might not be the answer either- DSC have apparently spoken to a number of teams, and it poses a problem for some, particularly those who are running WEC and ELMS with the same cars, and have contractual obligations with different drivers for each series...(I'm guessing these might include OAK and AF Corse?)
On the other hand, a number of drivers (according to an interview with Jonny Cocker) are in favour of the idea...