View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3717120)   #104
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
That made me laugh as well. I feel bad for McLaren/Honda (especially so as a fan!)

I have been trying to read up on this subject as much as I can. A lot of speculation, but it does seem to center around the potential for a flaw in the engine (maybe related to it being used as a stressed member) that was not spotted in design or testing. Also speculation that the Honda engine is not a conservative design and some of this might be related to the aggressive nature of the design.

At the moment it doesn't sound positive for McLaren/Honda. I think there is a real potential for them to have an absolute terrible start to the season. What if they can't even qualify for the first round? Imagine the embarrassment. Maybe if they put MP4 back into the name things would go better! The ghost of Ron Dennis is haunting them and he isn't even dead yet!

Richard
I fail to grasp why a mule has not been grinding around Motegi all winter . A 2016 F1 car, A super formula chassis , a Super GT or LMP 2 chassis it cannot be that hard to build a test bed vehicle and put a development driver in and just pound around. Serious case of F1 up its own bottom and living on a flat earth me thinks. ....