View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3717304)   #114
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
we often talk about manus transferring technology between their F1 programs and road car divisions...it seems odd that there could ever be a rule preventing them from running their F1 engines in mules/road cars, particularity, if done under the pretense of transferring those technologies between the two divisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I assume either Honda was confident in their existing testing and simulation setup, didn't have the time or resources allocated to do more extensive testing, or a bit of both.
i would be inclined to thinks along the resource line, specifically how much Honda is really prepared to spend as a supplier for its F1 engine program vs how much of those funds are being (mis?)directed towards sponsorship or drivers payments.

as for getting rid of Honda...too soon for sure but i would have thought that with Manor shutting down there is a extra Merc engine supply deal floating around and if that deal has an option to renew for 2018...either way though, i would think that Merc have some excess capacity to provide a new engine deal now.