View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2003, 09:11 (Ref:623677)   #2
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK, I'll start somewhere around the end of your post....

I ageee, I think having to indicate that you wish to appeal within 30 minutes is too short. However, that is what the MSA say so the only way to change it is to lobby them.

The judicial system should be confidential until it is all sorted, IMO drivers are usually the worst for this and discuss what they've seen with all and sundry. If the info came out of race control - other than by being communicated to other drivers that had been seen by the clerk - then that is not how the system should operate.

As for the time that it finished, imagine how the Clerk and the Secretary of the Meeting felt? They will all be unpaid officials and will have had journeys home to look forward to. What I'm trying to say is that I think it is unlikely that any clerk will make a cr*p decision for the hell of it. They know that it is likely to be appealed and that they will then be stuck there for the duration.

A clerk can only make a decision on the information that he has received, in your case it does seem that this info. contrasted with the video evidence available and whilst there is always a different view point on an incident I'm surprised by the differences that you describe.

At least the fact that there is an appeal process allowed you to get the clerk's decision overturned on the night.

Not sure if any of this helps...