View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2003, 20:52 (Ref:636991)   #7
T.D.F.
Rookie

T.D.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry if I have not replied sooner to all those of you who have taken the time to post your thoughts but I've been away to an Italian wedding and my feet are only now finding their way again. with regards to the helmet ticking off I was told that crash helmets should not be removed while still on track even if the vehicle your in is being towed back to Paddock, I appologised and accepted my seniors point of view.
While at the CoC's office and later with the MSA on appeal I had no trouble in accepting that the decision the CoC had come to was the only one available to him considering the consistency Of the six reports. Of the reports there was only one, by a young lady which was worded not only clearly but impartially as the videos would later support, the difference between them (the reports) was subtle the other five suggested apects of the accident that were not accurate but would reinforce their assertion that I was in the process of overtaking a slowing car on the track. The two available videos show exactly what happened and support my version of events and not theirs. So what is my complaint? Simply that 30mins is not enough to obtain sufficient evidence to mount any kind of defence or procecution, and in the case of serious charges with serious concequences some other mecchanism must be found and it is not sufficient to quote the cost and time factor after all I paid £125.00 for the appeal to be heard and face the prospect of a further £500.00 to ask the MSA to arbitrate between the club and I as they feel I wasn't sufficiently dealt with. This of course is, as the incident wasn't properly analised due to time and cost costraints.
However the availabilaty of video evidence in todays modern climate is really not a sustainable excuse but I also accept that my circumstances may be the exeption and not the rule.
As for the possibilaty of using the videos and subsequent accident report based on them, for instructive purposes I would be more than glad to pass them on once all is over.
Regards

Last edited by T.D.F.; 19 Jun 2003 at 20:54.