View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1631526)   #10
Matt Speakman
Rookie

Matt Speakman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216gti
It's just that with Matt Speakman and Mark Bailey seemingly leaving the series due to increasing entry fees and people buying the front of the grid (and I'm sure they wern't alone.
Just to clarify, I left the series to join Clio Cup - if anyone saw Oulton Park last year & remembers a green car going off twice that was me! Other drivers went into Britcar/Seat Cupra Cup/Clio Cup/MG Trophy - perhaps people wanted a fresh challenge?

Most Rover 216Gti are in Wales? Most Honda CRX in 750mc or sat idle? Tomcats are in regional stuff/LMA? Ventos went to VW Cup/regional stuff, vectras cost the earth to run (Gearbox), btc production cars went to britcar & most Protons went are sat idle....though a couple are in tin-tops. Basically, there's a lot of cars doing nothing!

Seriously though, Super Coupe race entry fees weren't increasing anymore than any other BRSCC championship, Championship entry was only £260 (with tv), & people weren't buying the front of the grid...there were simply drivers with different race pace! Tony Liddell's departure as Co-ordinator was a great shame as the chap that took over had it lumped on him rather late in 2004. It was Tony (& Mavis') baby, I guess when they retired the 'mum & dad' of us all had gone!!

I see Pre-93 doesn't run on slicks...hmm.....!!!!! What do Tin-tops run on?