View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3769280)   #173
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-two View Post
Maybe it's time for a new forum JT. Instead of historic racing today it could be called historic racing ten or twenty years ago. Everything was so much better then
It was, at least you could do it on a shoestring in comparison with today.
Racing has always been expensive but with newer regulations regarding towing/fuel costs/ever increasing entry fees/silly historic car prices etc the "normal" working bloke with a mortgage can't afford to have a go.

I counted myself very lucky in that I had most of my racing entries and parts paid for by sponsors that I picked up along the way, there was no way that I could have done any of it "competitively" on my own unless I was really silly and re-mortgaged my house ! like some that I know ! who lost everything thinking that they were the next Max Verstappen
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !