View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2018, 13:59 (Ref:3816180)   #400
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As said above, there was definitely a mixture of conditions. The dirt was incredibly slippy on Saturday and the cars looked a real handful. Once it dried through by late Sunday morning it was swept aside pretty quickly. There was a crosskart race early on Sunday and that was really interesting to watch as you could see the fastest line through the dirt changing on each lap as it rapidly dried out.

Very tough call for the officials concerning the final. Ekstrom was marginally ahead, but I personally think he was too pushy: Solberg had the inside line and was travelling at roughly the same speed, yet Ekstrom put his car inside the white lines, so he must have known that any car inside of him was being forced well over them.

That said, I think it was a poor bit of track design and I am honestly surprised that there wasn't more then one car that collected that tyre barrier given how it jutted out. Solberg was dominant for a large portion of the weekend and he at least deserved a podium, was a real shame to see his weekend end like that. He gave the Polo a damn good thrashing in the final though!

Very impressed with the attention to detail on the Prodrive Megane. They looked very stiff on track, but both made the semi-final stage. I found the new OMSE Fiesta interesting to look at as well, seems a much sleeker design than previous iterations.

Fantastic drive from Nitiss in the European Championship. My first impression was that Marklund was going to be the pace setter again, but Nitiss was great in the wet on Saturday afternoon and again in the dry on Sunday.