View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2018, 02:01 (Ref:3791882)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
So long story short, FCA broke some paper rules but none in real life and are still being punished? Do I have that right?

I didn't know you had those issues or I forgot. You bought into the Ecodiesel very early though, correct?

I have not driven the 10 speed yet but I didn't like the ZF paired with the Hemi. Too many gears and it felt like it was constantly hunting on the highway. I better get used to it though as that's probably what I'll be driving in 3-5 years!
Yeah, mine is a late 2014 truck so first year but spec 2 engine supposedly. Some ECU updates that were later rolled out to all engines was what FCA released.

The ZF hunts for a bit at first, it has some shift adjustment in the programming and you can apparently get it settled in after 2-5k. I barely notice it now, although any highway hill and you'll see drop to 7, occasionally 6. But then it's a 300 rpm drop 7 to 8 so not a big deal. I could see the 10 speed acting like 3rd in your 6 speed, using some gears on the way up but not down, and vice versa.

The big reveal will be what is on the 2019 Ram. So far what I've seen hinted:

Turbo Straight 6 announcement for 2020
DI Pentastar 3.7L (310-325 hp)
6 speed retained on SLT and fleet trucks, and 8 speed haters
Return to crosshair grille (just for JHamilton)
5.7L Apache retained without mods
with a possible Sport turbo 5.7 to rival the 6.4L in output
Probable belt-driven stop-start system
Probable 48V systems throughout chassis

Possible increase in truck size (I like and want, even with the giant truck I have)
Looks like a return to the 1500 MegaCab with a 6'4 bed with fold flat seats
Increased payload to match, 6 lug trucks in all the spy photos
Possible return of up-fitter switches in 1500s