Old 4 Jan 2011, 07:59 (Ref:2810847)   #28
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
A few updates on car numbers. This race was once available as a ca. 50 minute VHS (haven't seen a DVD version, though). I'm regarding those not included in the 14 finishers as not classified - either DNFs or not completed a required minimum distance.

I have taken the liberty to copy'n'paste the revised result for future editions. Hope you're alright with that, William.
That's fine, Jesper, the point of including all the gaps was so that they could be filled later

Any of the results that are like the Amaroo ones I got from the results pages in the back of that year's AMRY, which only listed classified finishers in its results. I've filled in the non-classified runners by reading the race reports or watching the races themselves. For the Amaroo results, the others were likely DNFs, rather than NC but running at the finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
A general question about Oran Park would be if it was limited to 25 cars? Most grid pictures of 25 car grids ends in the final corner, and the general tight and twisty nature, more than 25 cars would be a bit excessive.
I don't believe it was limited to 25. When I post the '89 results you'll see that 36 cars started at Oran Park's round that year!