View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3372526)   #111
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suggest that nobody applies for an HTP renewal until absolutely necessary. The 50 quid saving to do it this year is neither here nor there in an overall cost of maybe £1000 per car and there is no necessity to do so until the beginning of next season in any case. When the race organisers see empty grids looming I suspect that the requirement for current HTP will be dropped and the FIA's money grab will become an irrelevance. As Simon says HTP's only prove compliance at a point in time so are no guarantee of adherence when a car is raced, in any case.

BTW will the new rules mean a level playing field with cars scrutineered in Europe or will we all be be 'HTP tourists'? That and enforcement are rather more of an issue from my point of view but they don't create income for the FIA.

Whilst we are on the point why should a championship which has more than one event outside the home country be deemed international. I thought we were supposed to have a single market for goods and services within the EU.

What are the MSA doing to protect us against the FIA's unnecessary interventions?