Old 20 May 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3734627)   #18
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Learner Driver View Post
Thanks I will get that checked. Do you mean German cars by GM? How come you got rid of the golf? Do you know if the mk4 or 5 are any good? I will take a look at the mk3s
I meant to say check the brakes, tyres, and wheel alignment. They would do that anyway in the shop.
I had a Holden Commodore when I lived in Australia. I was paying a lot for it on finance, then at the same time a lot to fix it, on top of buying another car to get to work in. It pretty well ruined me. I can't speak for any other models.
I got rid of the Golf because I was involved in an accident, and it was written off. It was just a wrecked front wing, but it would have cost more than it was worth to fix.
I like to buy old cars and give them one last blaze of glory then send them to meet their maker. The Golf had one old lady owner, I bought it for £450, drove it for a year. It cost me gas, a bottle of oil, and two tyres at £50 a pop. I think some people pay more than that a month to get around. I drove it all over England and a couple of trips to Holland.
I have had a ride in a few newer golf's, they are a bit fatter and have more complicated gadgetry, but generally I reckon they are decent.