View Single Post
Old 20 May 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3734763)   #20
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Learner Driver View Post
Thanks I will get that checked. Do you mean German cars by GM? How come you got rid of the golf? Do you know if the mk4 or 5 are any good? I will take a look at the mk3s
A few years ago I was following a Peugeot 106 (Might have been the Citroen variant). A typical young driver first car of the times. The front and rear "axle" alignment was out by what must have been about 15cms.

The young lads driving in it looked like they were ready for some speedy round town action. I considered trying to stop them and warn them ... but figured they probably already knew they were driving a cheap car with a likely dodgy history. My guess would be a cut and shut job.

Whenever the press reports some road accident tragedy - 6 teenagers in a Nova which somehow has an accident and clips a lampost on a completely straight road and splits into two pieces one can assume two things that the press never seems to mention. One of them is that the car, neatly broken in two across the centre, was compromised in structure at some point in it life. The second is that the youngsters either had no clue or were mad enough not to care.

Consider getting something new on a special young driver scheme if you can. There are all sorts of benefit to doing so even if you think its a really naff and boring option.