Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3792877)   #230
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
which is 12 weeks / 3 months away.......crikey thats cutting it awfully fine......I would be surprised to see a few more LMP1 teams pop up in that time, with drivers signed, planned logistics and ready to go.......I just cant see it happening.......are there any LMP2 teams still dithering as to what to do in 2018 or are they all committed to LMP2?

In which case I wouldnt be surprised to see Manor expand to 2 cars quite quickly.......and perhaps Ginetta themselves to put together a factory team to make a 3 or 4 car entry.
Even if the Ricard test is compulsory (?) teams probably would just be handed force majeure waivers for missing it, so it's not the end of the world... and Ginetta could just send a test mule chassis there themselves if they wanted to hand data for any potential customers only signing up as late as February (?)

Anyway if there is a second Manor, I'd think it to be Le Mans only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'd stick up for the Dallara in Caddy form, and say there aren't build quality issues. But yes they had issues at le mans with the stock P2.
Everything in IMSA is heavily performance balanced so I wouldn't read anything into those results