View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3756411)   #23
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surely the issue here is not just down to a car and the number of times it breaks (perhaps a scrutineering issue in terms of checking an enforcement since scrutineering seems to be the competent authority for cars) but also the driver and preparer.

Now I will also assume that all incidents are reported (certainly major incidents) to race control. And therefore are archived?

How difficult would it be to consolidate this information from the archives and set "watch" flags to establish a "need to monitor" focus on any of those parties?

Of course I can see some pitfalls with the approach but it's something that might not take much effort in reality and couls then be assessed for how much benefit may be derived.

In effect the existing reports to race control are likely to give a more comprehensive picture of events than a logbook - or so I would have thought.

Would I be wrong in that assumption?