Old 31 Oct 2016, 05:27 (Ref:3684192)   #93
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOGH View Post
When did TV3 last cover a motor race? It looked like they were a bit rusty.

Some of the in-car or behind-car cam work was not as sharp as the V8SC meetings (they must have some good video gear)
Maybe some positioning of the microphones could changed or added to if they do the coverage next year.

Otherwise it was ok for the number of cameras/ equipment they had.
To be fair, TV3 and their crew are working at probably a tenth of the cost of what Supercars production value is. From my brief viewing, it all looks like it was pretty decent quality. Not to dissimilar from the usual Hampton Downs coverage we get for other events, but good enough for a first time event this size.

Interesting to note some of the comments saying there were 20,000 people there. Not sure if those are official ticket numbers, but the crowd looked spread around. Can't say whether it was or wasn't the biggest crowd ever seen there. I imagine the V8 SuperTourers first meeting or WRC super special stage were on par.

What did we all thinking of the marketing for the weekend? I felt it was okay, but all I saw were billboards with Hampton Downs 101, a date, and a car. Not that Joe Blog has any idea what any of that could mean. Perhaps it could've been promoted better. Supercar style even with the cars going up the Queen Street or something.

If old mate Quinn wants this to be the biggest event in the country, he's going to have to put a helluva lot more effort into getting some of the more casual racing people to fork out $80 for a Sunday drive out to Hampton Downs.