Thread: Lites / LMP3
View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2017, 19:24 (Ref:3720044)   #1264
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Taking a 100kg of weight out of the chassis might put them into the zone where they would build cars to a loss. Where do you even want to safe that if you can't touch the power train? I am having a hard time finding numbers for the weight of the powertrain, but 100kg could easily be 15-20% of the weight of the actual chassis!
I do not know where to go in light of the revelation that the car has barely made minimum weight. All of my statements were based on the understanding that the car was still built underweight.

Quote:
Less so, since the Elans make their laptimes in the same way the P3s do: Fast in the corners, relatively slow on the straights. Thus, there's less need for the sort of dive-bomb moves often seen in competition against GT-cars that can only be passed in the corners.
If the cars are mixing it up regularly and don't have an easy time breaking away from each other, collisions are just as valid a concern.

They also DON'T get their laptimes completely the same way. Only in the most generalized sense are they the same. Maintaining momentum is far more important in the DP02s than in the LMP3s due to how much less torque the Mazda engines in the Elan have.