Thread: Worst crash...
View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2003, 16:59 (Ref:801643)   #15
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall just recount a slightly humourous one from my little archive- I was testing my Sunbeam Lotus at Mallory about 5 years ago on a general test day and was being held up by a rather pristine Ferrari, lap after bloody lap I could get alongside him round the outside at Gerrards only to be out dragged down the straight and blocked all the way through the esses,up to the hairpin etc...,I was getting very very frustrated (but of course wouldnt want to damage his lovely car) anyway eventually he left me a tiny gap up the inside and I took my chance, approaching the hairpin, I got alongside him and glared at him as I went past - I clearly remember the look of shock on his face and I thought to myself 'Yes!' then 'No' as I looked up and went headfirst into the barrier. After the red flag and being towed back to the paddock I got out my crow bar and club hammer and beat the front of the car back into something resembling its previous form whilst swearing and cursing loudly about the other driver to my friend. 15 mins later when I had finished my tirade my friend motioned to me to look round and there was the guy with all his Ferrari pals parked right behind me looking fairly sheepish. I purposely followed him out for the next session and he kindly moved aside on the first lap..........