View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1761137)   #22
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something like the power to weight rules seem the way forward if it is seen to be cost effective. It offers people a chance if the rules are written correct, to allow lesser powered cars (and hence cheaper engines) to run in the series and be competitive in class. it is a handy way of controlling some of the fastest cars so that they do not blow every one else away and hence deter others.

I do not think air restrictor work that well with modern cars. people have to spend alot to get the car remapped, and it cant make that much difference. I know Formula Saloons dropped the air restrictors being run for tha Class A cars (V8 and Cosworths) and from what i remember not alot changed. Rob you can ask Rick Wood what changes the air restrictor made on his Holden.

I know the SRGT series runs power to weight (ok not sure how closely they keep to the rules but for a club series that is ok), and they use carbs there. but what some people (i think) have done is just add ballast to the car to go down a class. For them that works well as they have good grids.

As long as the class continues to have a variety of cars of sounds and shapes then that is what most people want. and if the power to weight rules mean more cars are competitve in class then all the better.