View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1877798)   #64
Biff
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
Biff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its great to hear someone who is passionate about the sport. It was meant as friendly banter and not a personal attack on anyone, but at the same time to make the point that we shouldn't accept the NIMBY or green arguments without a fight. They are working to their own agendas. If Castle Combe had not stood up for theirselves over the years, we wouldn't even be watching club racing there now.

Just for the record. I've raced for years, spending stupid amounts of money £100k on the current car. I race club motorsport because I love it. I have helped people into the sport, preparing their cars and helping them for nothing. Served on the committee of an organising club. Take people to the states to watch NASCAR. Founded a club local to me where racing people meet up once a month for a drink and a chat. Write about the sport in local papers. Take the car to track days and give free rides (for those stupid enough to get in). Currently writing a book 'The British Motor Racing Yearbook' which will review the whole of the 2007 club racing season including all the Castle Combe championships, along with other in depth articles from people within the sport, there is free space in their for adverts for Marshals and for the Voluntees in Motorsport organisation and other charities. I have put all my own money into it including the cost of publishing.

Some may say they have done as much and more. And no doubt they're right.

The pathetic people in this world who want to stop it and get off, don't like the fact that others are still enjoying theirselves. Unless we watch out they will have motor sport banned before you can say carbon footprint!