Old 27 Mar 2007, 20:12 (Ref:1877963)   #68
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
Its great to hear someone who is passionate about the sport. It was meant as friendly banter and not a personal attack on anyone, but at the same time to make the point that we shouldn't accept the NIMBY or green arguments without a fight. They are working to their own agendas. If Castle Combe had not stood up for theirselves over the years, we wouldn't even be watching club racing there now.
I'm what we call ourselves one of the Combe Hardcore we love the place and support the circuit rain or shine even on testing days,action days etc[work and home life allowing ] so as you can imagine nothing winds us up more than people complaining about the noise

I did not take it as a personal attack Biff just as you say very passionate about not only Combe but motorsport in general and its guy's like you,Al and the rest of the racers on ten-tenths who are prepared to spend their cash for the enjoyment of racing and keep us on the banks entertained

Only for joe local to come and stick the minortys nose in and spoil it, at least we've got racing at Combe like you said only helped by the fact circuit owner Howard Strawford was prepared to fight for its right to hold race meetings all be it at National and club level and to be honest Club racing this year at combe looks superb so do we really need international racing?well if club racing keeps the banks full and the lower noise level keeps the NIMBY's at bay then i think not