View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3703714)   #3
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excuse shorthand style......Day 2 at Hampton Downs (I'd rather forget about day 1 as we acquired a split in the sump somewhere between the container and paddock. Not popular as my gallon of Millers spread itself around the paddock in a biblical rainstorm) After chasing around to beg & borrow, the epoxy fix failed overnight and so had to take sump off and go in search of Andy (everyone knows Andy) who runs the Delta franchise in NZ Missed practice and made qually with a minute to spare. Easypeasy, not. Just followed the slowest cars round and enjoyed the drive. Car going well and bone dry underneath. Fabulous circuit, very technical and some lovely corners (or will be,once I sort them out). The facilities match anything Europe has to offer but spotless as well and everyone incredibly friendly and helpful. Scrutineering was a bit err, easygoing, will explain another time. Tomorrow's challenge is repatriating all the tools that were lent. One guy was quite prepared to trailer the car 50 miles to his home to try and fix the sump.

Hundreds of V8s thundering round so noise levels intense all day, our little Juniors are looked on as rather cute!
Race day tomorrow, 2 races Sat & 2 on Sunday. 5 meetings = 20 races + 5 practice + 5 qually. Will have to go looking for Dunlop shop!!! Sorry, can't work out how to add pics on phone, never a 5 year old around when you need one.